This blog is a true representation of UK Hiphop!! CLICK ON THE VIDEO LINK TO MAKE UM FULL SCREEN

Monday 28 February 2011

BVA MC (EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW) & EP ((out now for £5))





bva mc from the three amigos crew has made a epic ep.
production mainly from naive but there is a pete cannon beat in there to
3 amigos member leafdog is the only feature on this ep
if you love dope music you need this!!


you can buy a limited edition cd from the bandcamp page and suspectpackages.com
OR YOU CAN BUY YOUR COPY RIGHT NOW JUST CLICK AWAY!!



Q1 what got you into hip hop & what dose BVA stand for?

Well..... i reckon it was a combination of that movies, games, video program on channel 3 back then that had an r n b/hiphop chart on it, getting a now 32 tape off my grandad with coolio - gangsters paradise on it and hearing fugees - the score on repeat at a family friends house. All that got me into hiphop and then when i was about 16 I heard skitz - countryman and realised we were doing it over here.
And the name BVA, well my nickname's beaver which i was blessed with when I was about 12 or something and it stuck, and on some computer games you have to make your mark in 3 letters and BVA was born, then when i started rapping when i was 16 I decided that was my name and that it stood for Be Very Afraid, aswell as beaver.

Q2 what is your view on lazer beats

Well.... given that one of the beats on my new ep is a bit of a lazer beat I'll try to answer this without slating them. If done right synth beats can be good, but this whole lazer beat devolution, I'm not feeling it. I think alot of people just follow trends and do whatevers hot at that minute and thats why its such a big thing and dub step is influencing hiphop aswell. I'm more of a boom bap soldier, I'm still listening to nineties shit aswell as the new stuff and some of the new stuff is sick so i'm not disheartened by the lazer beat devolution at all!




Q3 how do you feel your solo ep is different to 3 amigos

Well its more me and my take if you know what I mean, obviously its the same beat makers but i feel its got a different sound. Also its more personal its got a few topics on there that are more of a solo thing.

Q4 what do u think of the uk hip hop scene

I think there's so much talent in the UK right now and has been for a long time, but the lack of money floating around kills alot of spirits, which is proper helped by downloading bootlegs of peoples shit. And the scene needs the good shit to be heard to be a good scene and alot of peoples stuff gets slept on because they havent got the financial backing so the scene isn't always a good representation of the true skills out there. But my scene which i would call the underground scene has always been representing coz the musics got soul and so people are always going to want to express their feelings in a lyrical way. It just needs more people like fliptrix at high focus records to get it together to start labels and get peoples music out there that might never have come out without the help.

Q5 what have you got coming up

I literally dropped my EP yesterday so I'm working on promoting that for a bit, and also I'm on Leaf Dog's solo album a scarecrow's perspective thats coming out in may this year on high focus records and features Diamond D and Rampage, and me and leaf are on Dirty Dikes new album coming out real soon.
In the pipeline i've got a few collaberation releases coming up that me and leaf dog have done that i can't really say to much about right now but trust me i feel its the best material we have ever made.
For the future I'm working on a solo LP right now aswell as a new 3 Amigos album with Leaf that we've layed a few tracks down for already.

No comments:

Post a Comment