This blog is a true representation of UK Hiphop!! CLICK ON THE VIDEO LINK TO MAKE UM FULL SCREEN

Saturday 15 January 2011

Kool G Rap (hiphopdx) interview



DX: You know we love that “Ill Street Blues” though. That’s the shit we want, as much as we can get.

Kool G Rap: Oh no doubt! I’m taking it the “Ill Street Blues” direction. I’m taking it every single direction [on this album]. I really doubt if anybody that’s a G Rap fan, and familiar with the G Rap body of work, I seriously doubt if they would be disappointed.

DX: Now, you said these names that did the production work aren’t really known, [so] can we get the names just to give ‘em some pub?

Kool G Rap: Absolutely. We got niggas like [De La Soul producer] Supa Dave, [Philadelphia-based production duo] Level 13, The Insurgency, my man Leaf Dog, and my man Pokerbeats who contributed in an amazing way to this album to make it what it is, and definitely got that heat.

DX: How you find these cats…?

Kool G Rap: I found ‘em all through MySpace, and Facebook. I posted up a email for all producers to send tracks to, and these are some of the cats that sent tracks. And them shits is undeniable.

DX: You couldn’t of done this like 10 years ago…

Kool G Rap: Exactly! But now you can run wit’ it. So I’m taking advantage of all the new technology.

the link to his interview
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13511/title.kool-g-rap-previews-riches-royalty-respect-discusses-rick-ross-credibility

No comments:

Post a Comment